“This Sunday, July 19th we will be going to one service beginning at 10:30 a.m. All of our operational procedures for entering, participating and exiting the building remain the same (see below). We want to remind everyone that non medical face masks are strongly recommended to be worn as you enter and exit the building, during times of singing and where social distancing cannot be maintained. Once again we do understand that for some it is not the right time for you to physically be here so we will still be livestreaming our service as usual” – Pastor Gary
- Our doors will open approximately 30 mins before the beginning of a Worship Service. The Entrance to the Sanctuary will be our Lift Door located on Saint George Street (3rd door down from the parking lot). If our Sanctuary fills to capacity, then we will fill the gym using the Main Office door as our only Entrance (1st door down from parking lot).
- When you arrive, you will be greeted outside by one of our Volunteers. In the case of multiple people arriving at once you will be asked to maintain social distancing while you wait to enter the building. You also may want to bring an umbrella in case of rain.
- After speaking with one of our Volunteers, you will be expected to honestly answer preliminary screening questions at the door prior to entering.
- Once you’ve entered the building, you will be asked to use our Hand Sanitizer station located just inside before proceeding further.
- Following this, you will be greeted by a Volunteer who will record your name and contact info. This is per the Government of New Brunswick’s requirements for re-opening.
- You will wait to be seated by one of our Ushers. Once you have been taken to your seat, we ask that you remain seated, unless you must use one of our designated restrooms.
- After the service has ended, you will be expected to make your way to the designated exit (the door at the corner of Saint George & Highfield Street.
- Wearing a non-medical face mask is not mandatory, but we strongly encourage it, particularly during congregational singing.
- At all times while on the premises, you will need to maintain a physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from others who are not part of your family bubble.
Finally, we wish to ask for your patience with us as we navigate this “new way of doing church” together. It is our hope that this document has assisted you in understanding some of what to expect for our re-opening. Although we are excited to see each of you, we recognize that for some of you, this may not be the time to return to our building. In that regard, we will continue to live stream our services and provide a high-quality virtual worship service and we hope you will at least join us online until such time as you feel comfortable returning.
May our God bless you richly in the days to come and we hope to see you soon!
The Staff of Highfield Baptist Church